Spoil your body, stretch your mind and feed your spirit at this years’ Celebrate Life Festival from 9-10 June 2012 at the River Club (10am-5pm each day). The accent is on all things healthy, sustainable and promoting a celebration of life. Both days include speakers, demonstrations, workshops and stalls to browse through.
This year’s festival includes a photographic exhibition and a fashion show in aid of breast cancer. Join in the free yoga, tai chi, dance, drumming, spirit release and tarot workshops and listen to a concert. Listen to selected speakers, both local and international. Free face painting for kids. and a film festival.
This is a weekend for the whole family to enjoy and includes children’s activities. One entrance fee and all talks, demonstrations and workshops are free. Secure parking is available on site.
Some highlights from the festival programme:
Saturday 9 June 2012
- A Conscious Path to Overcoming Addictions – Dr Raoul Goldberg (10.30am)
- Raw food demo – Rolene Sher (11am)
- Sowing green container food gardens – Tara Cumming (11.45am)
- Four legs or two – does it really matter? Paul Jacobson of Vondis (2pm)
Sunday 10 June 2012
- Building Stress Resilience – Ingrid Regenass (10.30am)
- You & Your Relationship with Money – Creating the Abundant Life – Linda Smith (10.30am)
- Tai Chi – Lin Jie School (11.30am)
- Zero Waste Is Possible – Quiz with Elma Pollard (1pm)
- Dreams, Goals and the Art of Manifesting- Donna McCallum (2pm)
- Raw food demo – Rolene Sher (3pm)
- Nurturing My Body into Health – Stewart Swerdlow (4pm)
View the full programme.
Celebrate Life Festival 2012 – Event Details
When: 9 & 10 June 2012. 10am-5pm
Where: River Club, Observatory
Cost: R60 per day or R100 for weekend pass. Children under 12 free, students and pensioners half price. Book at computicket or pay at the gate.